Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Maytag dishwasher MDB4949DH0. It is not cleaning…

Customer Question
We have a Maytag...

We have a Maytag dishwasher MDB4949DH0. It is not cleaning the dishes, dried door particles left on the dishes. Is there a filter that we need to clean? I was not able to locate one inside the cabinet.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The unit is at least 10 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The dishes are just coming out with a residue on them, combination of food and other items. I guess I was mistaken on age. perhaps around 8 yrs old.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you run the HOT water at the closest sink before you run the dishwasher?

And do you scrap the food off of the dishes before you load then in the dishwasher?

And can you look at the model number once again please?

I find nothing on the number of MDB4949DH0

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?