Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I I installed a new shift actuator how do I calibrate it…

Customer Question
I I installed a...

I I installed a new shift actuator how do I calibrate it model NTW4516FW1

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For awhile then it would not do anything except run the pump . had to restart the cycle a lot.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

I just installed the part today and need to know how to calibrate it so all the lights will come on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I followed one way to calibrate and all it will do now is fill on rinse

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

IMPORTANT: Calibration must be performed when any of the following components have been replaced: Main Control, Basket, Drive Assembly, Suspension, Motor, and Capacitor. Not performing calibration will result in poor wash performance.

Replacing the shift actuator does not require the control board to be re-calibrated.

If you power the unit on and your not getting any display , if you look on the rear of the control board does it have a light illuminated on the rear of the control board?