Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Bravos washer. I really like it although I…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Bravos washer. I really like it although I have a problem with sheets. It diesn’t Matter how I load them ,one in the bottom,other clothes next, and then the other sheet. Or sheets first, or only sheets in the load. One sheet always wraps itself around everything else in the washer. It looks like a mushroom from the top. It’s reall tight and hard to separate. I took pictures but I don’t see anyplace to include them. What can I do? Marilyn Reid

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bravos quiet series 300. About 5 yeRs but it has always done it. I just don’t think the clothes inside are getting clean. I did have someone come fromOwes when it was new but they had no idea what to do.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I could

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can’t think of anything. We took it all apart a year ago as it kept saying Overload. When there was nothing in it. Turned out to be a stuck bushing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

To send a photo just use the paper clip Icon as you would sending an attachment with any other E=Mail .

Where do I find this paper lip icon?

where ever it is when you send photos or attachment in your E-Mail .

I do not know what browers or E-Mail system you are using.

I sent the pictures but I have never heard back

I have not received any photos!!

I sent them on the 28th and someone named Valerie M said they would be sent to my tech

not sure whom you sent them to but I have not received any photos on this chat from you!

I received them this time.

when you find the sheets like this are they damp at all?

And may I have the washer model number from the stick that is under the lid of the washer also please.

everything is quite wet, but they are wrapped so tight that sometimes it takes both of us to untangle them.
Model #. MVWB400V00
Ser # CW3771044
Type 580

These photos of the sheets hoe many sheets are in the washer when you took the photos?

Two atop and a fitted sheet. I never put more than that many sheets in a load

And do you have this issue with pant or anything else other then sheets?

No other issues. Other than I’m never sure there is enough water in the washer. But U guess that’s what makes it HE. Also sometimes it’s the top sheet and sometimes it’s the bottom sheet that dies that. But it always does it

And has it always done this or did it just start doing this?

Alwas. I had. Tech from Lowe’s come and look at it when it was new. And he didn’t have a clue. I think he was new and clueless anyways

Lowes does not have appliance repair techs. he was probably just an installer for Lowes.

and this unit is now 5 years old?

ok have you ever called Maytag and complained about it or had anyone else look at the unit?

N. Didn’t think about that

ok I suspect the inner tub is not locking in during a spin mode and the agitator is moving separate from the tub.

And you either have a bad inner tub or the hub assembly under the tub is bad not allowing the agitator to lock in place during a spin mode.

The inner tub will need to be removed and then look at the hub assembly to see if it is stripped .

Is this something you feel you can do?

it’s something we can do. We had it all apart last winter for a bad bushing and still have the jry rigged tool Dave made to get the tub out

ok ok so let`s pull the tub and look at the hub assembly to see if the hub is worn or something is not allowing the inner basket to drop down and mesh with the hub .

Sorry. Can’t do it right now as I have to go to work and Dave is in bed with the flu. I’lllet you know when we do it

ok no problem!