Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag wall oven will not light. It’s not getting current…

Customer Question
My Maytag wall oven...

My Maytag wall oven will not light. It’s not getting current to the igniter which was recently replaced. I don’t know how to diagnose what part is broken. John

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased in 2005. Model #CWG3100AAS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I replaced the igniter myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, how do I find why there is no current to the igniter and how to repair the problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Extended DIY Guidance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Do you have a meter and can you get to the ignitor and the gas valve? If so shut power off to the unit and just do a quick continuity test across the gas valve. There are 2 wires to the valve just check across those two. If you do not read continuity the valve is burned out. If you do then you may want to turn power back on to the unit and check for 120 volts across the two wires that go to the ignitor when it is on. See what you find. You should have power to it, if so then it is just a bad ignitor.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I checked the gas valve and got a reading. I have no power to the igniter
Waiting for response

OK if you have continuity across the valve and no power to the ignitor you need to check the wire from the ignitor to the board for a break. If that is good then you have a bad control board most likely. Test from either wire to ground at the ignitor for 120 volts if you have 120 from either wire to ground you would have a break in a neutral wire out of the valve to neutral.