Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool model31017waw-5 has a lock symbol on the screen…

Customer Question
Whirlpool model31017waw-5 has a...

Whirlpool model31017waw-5 has a lock symbol on the screen and does not respond to any thing

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Wmh310aw-5 less than5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has the lock symbol next to the time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

Control Lock Activate to avoid unintended start. Touch and hold the Cancel control for about 3 seconds until 2 tones sound and padlock icon appears in the display. Repeat to unlock control.

Try that and tell me if the lock goes off or not please.

it works fine

Ok great that is also how it got locked .

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.