Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bought new ge GTS21FGKBWW and ice maker doesn't work.

Customer Question
Bought new ge GTS21FGKBWW...

Bought new ge GTS21FGKBWW and ice maker doesn't work. Freezer is cold and I have confirmed water is connected.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GTS21FGKBWW Days old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Water is not dispensing poured water in ice maker to see if it is working not confirmed as yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

GE icemakers are a bit different. Try turning the switch off. Wait 60 seconds and turn the switch back on. Push the white paddle in 3 times slowly within 15 seconds. Then wait 2 minutes. You should see the icemaker start to cycle. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. Now if you're not sure whether the fill tube is frozen or not, pull the refrigerator forward and disconnect the water line down at the water valve which goes up to the icemaker fill tube. Blow through the water line and see if it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

do you mean push the paddle up

not really. For the model number you gave me, you have a white paddle that comes out underneath the icemaker and extends out over the ice bucket. You should this in toward the icemaker.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?