Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Dacor gas range Model ER36GSCH/CP. Last night the…

Customer Question
I have a Dacor...

I have a Dacor gas range Model ER36GSCH/CP. Last night the oven and broiler stopped working. I turned off the power to see if the computer will reset, but that did not work. The blue light comes on but the neither of the ignighters starts glowing.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No, not that long, just about 30 seconds.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, do you have any other advice if that does not work? That will be the first thing I will try.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Either your main control board has failed, or the high limit thermostat is tripped. First, below is a link to the high limit thermostat so you know what you're looking for.

CLICK HERE for high limit thermostat

Now this part is located either just behind the door latch, or on the back of your oven. You'll want to unplug the oven or flip the breaker off to start. Next, open the oven door and unscrew the vent panel just below the control which runs across the door latch hook. Remove this vent panel and see if you see the high limit thermostat. If so, push the red button on the high limit thermostat behind the latch hard and if it clicks the heat will reset.

If the thermostat isn't located there (depending on the date when it was manufactured), pull the oven out and remove the back sheet metal panel. It will be mounted to the back of the oven. Again, push the red button and if it clicks it resets.

Either way, if you push the red button and it doesn't click---you need a new main control board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

My stove was purchased in Sept. 2010. It does not have a latch and I do not see the high limit when I look in the vents in the front. could it be behind the stove and oven control knobs? I see it on the schematic and the wire goes into the oven area but I cannot find it.