Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can you please tell me by my dryers serial number and tell…

Customer Question
Can you please tell...

Can you please tell me by my dryers serial number and tell me how old it is?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Serial number is(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don’t know, if it’s over 10 years I’m getting a new one.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have the model number as well? With both numbers I can tell you how old the unit is.

I don’t have the model number, I can’t see it, can you just guesstimate about how old is it?

Sure, what brand is it?

Whirlpool

OK well the number you have listed is actually a part number for this brand. The serial number starts with letters and ends with numbers.

Hello???

I can't give you an age. You haven't given me a model or a serial number. The number you have listed is actually a part number for this brand. The serial number starts with letters and ends with numbers.

The model and serial number should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.