Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung Microwave Model SMH1816S (over the stove…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung Microwave Model SMH1816S (over the stove top). It is about two years of age. Lately it is showing an erratic behavior, i.e. it starts at its will. Power to the unit is fine. Clock, timer etc. work. Except sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approximately 2 years. SMH1816S.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am pretty handy.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 3 days by:
12/29/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That is a common issue with those units and you need to keep the unit unplugged when not in use until its repaired or replaced because it has been know to start house fires. The keypad and control needs to be replaced, the replacement is listed below:

Touchpad and Control Panel DE94-02517C - click here for part info

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.