Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My maytag bravos does not seem to be getting any power. I'm…

Customer Question
My maytag bravos does...

My maytag bravos does not seem to be getting any power.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I'm guessing 9-10 years.I have the owners manual. Is the model number on it?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. With it being that old I am guessing it would not be worth having a service call. When a snow storm hit a couple of weeks ago a broken power line cause 250 volts to be put into my 110 volt outlets. I am figuring that is what wiped it out.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is all I can think of. Light display does not come on at all. Does my owners manual have the model number in it, or is it only on the machine?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Elliott Oxton, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, Handyman
Hi my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today. Please give me a moment to review your case.
the model number should be on the front of the manual. Alternatively you could find it on the machine, normally when you open the door you can see the numbers on the edge of the door or frame.
Considering what has occurred though with your power supply there are only two possible situations for you to try.1: check all fuses to the appliance. At your main power board have all the fuses been reset? On any secondary fuse boards (not all houses will have these) do you have any tripped fuses? Alternatively you could check the socket that the appliance is plugged into by plugging in a similar rated appliance like a tumble dryer if you have one. This will confirm if the socket is still "live".2: if you can confirm all fuses are fine and there is power to the socket then the only other thing that could be wrong is the appliance itself. If you have had a power surge as you described this would have blown the main circuit board. This would need to be ordered and replaced but considering the age of the appliance you may wish to replace the appliance. (January sales may also be good time to do so) It is not nice to hear this news I'm sure so I'm sorry to give you this news. Please let me know though if you have any questions while you do the tests. I'm here to help you at each stage of the way as best as I can.I have opened up an option for you to rate me today. This is the only way I receive compensation from the website for my time. I appreciate you taking the time to click on the star rating and hope I have earned a 5 star rating for being concise and understandable.Once you have rated me we will still be able to communicate. Just hit the reply button and ask me your question.Looking forward to hearing from you today.Elliot