Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I am getting repeated f21 msgs. on my front load washer and…

Customer Question
I am getting repeated...

I am getting repeated f21 msgs. on my front load washer and each time it leaves water standing in the machine and never completes a cycle anymore. Is there a repairman nearby? My machine is about 10 years old. Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 10 yrs. old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Whirlpool duet ht

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It dod this before but intermittently. Mow it does it every cycle. What is average lifespan of these?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
12/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F21 means that your washer is not draining. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

If you need a repair man to do the repair, you'll need to call 1.***-***-**** tomorrow and they can tell you who is available in your area. As far as lifespan, it's hard to say but typically you get about 10-12 years before you get your first problem, and if it's something minor then you just fix it and you usually get another 5-6 years before another problem.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc