Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We purchased a new Samsung slide-in self cleaning range and…

Customer Question
We purchased a...

We purchased a new Samsung slide-in self cleaning range and oven from Best Buy. It was installed on December the 23rd. The installation people showed us that it worked by turning on the top burners. They did not demonstrate the oven. Today we attempted to start the oven; however, it simply will not function. The boilers work; however, the self cleaning system does not function. CAN YOU ASSIST?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about three day old. The model number is: NX58H9500WS 30 INCH SELF CLEANING

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, at this point, I do not know what work will be required. Depending on the level of complexity, I might well do the work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NOt that I can think of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/25/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

T​here are a couple of things you can check to see if you can resolve the problem, if not then you will need to contact either Best Buy or the warranty people to have it serviced as something may be faulty or defective.

If you turn the oven on you should see the glow bar ignitor coming on (orange glow) and after about 1 min you should here the gas valve opening. If this is not happening make sure you are not in any self cleaning or timed bake mode as these will delay the gas valve from opening. This is different than the broil setting as they are 2 independent systems, but you need both working for the self cleaning feature to work.

If the glow bar does not come on, then the problem is electrical either no voltage to the glow bar or the glow bar is faulty. Make sure the selector switch is in the correct position for bake.

If none of the above work you could have an electrical, gas valve, or thermostat problem which will require a service technician to further evaluate.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

As of this posting I have not been able to locate any additional information on this specific issue, and since I have not received any reply or feedback from the recommendations I mentioned above, I trust they have been helpful in resolving this problem. However, if you are still needing additional assistance, please let me know by using the reply box below, otherwise I will proceed in closing out this question.

Thank you,

Dave

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is almost 60 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

If you could please respond and let me know if you still need assistance or if I can proceed in closing out this question, I would sure appreciate it as it is several months old.

Thanks

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 day ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor