Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an insinkerator 555 that was jammed. I used the

Customer Question
I have an insinkerator...

I have an insinkerator 555 that was jammed. I used the wrench to in-jam and it went around multiple times clockwise. When I turn it counter clockwise, it spins freely and then jams

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Insinkerator 555 and never jammed like this before

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so...just can't figure out why it will spin freely and then stop

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.