Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How does an electric clothers dryer work. My dryer was

Customer Question
How does an electric...

How does an electric clothers dryer work. My dryer was recently accidently run without the lint filter in place. Some of the items were small and looked to be on the verge of getting sucked into the opening for the filter when I opened the door. I had the dryer vent cleaned which turned out to be fine, but am wondering if someone should take off a panel and actually look inside the dryer for lost underwear. When I opened the door to the dryer, which was set on low heat, the clothing was quite hot to the touch.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Sears Kenmore, 12 yrs old. Model # 417.84152500.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. its a stackable unit.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just concerned if there is any retained clothing which could be blocking the airflow and possibly cause a fire.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

How long was it run without a lint filter just a load or two?

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

John, Home Appliance Technician