Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a new Samsun. Oven & range the burners all work;

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new Samsun

Contractor's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Oven & range the burners all work; however, the oven will not heat

Contractor's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

We have. A new Samsung range however, the oven will not heat. Can younassist

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

It is new and we have never been able to start the oven

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the unit gas or electric?

Gss

Does the broiler work in the oven?

OK and the oven is gas too not a hybrid meaning it is an electric oven right?

That is also correct. The only thing that is electric is the control panel, fan and lights. All seem to work. We shut off the breaker to disconnect the unit from the power and left it off line for about 1 minute. No help

If the broiler works that means that you need to replace the oven ignitor on the unit. Turn the oven on and then open the door. If the glow ignitor is getting voltage it will glow unless it is broken. If it is not glowing you can test the ignitor for 120 volts to the ingitor with a volt meter. If it has power to it is bad for sure. Now if it is weak, it will glow but it will not pull enough current to open the gas valve. They typically have to draw 3.2-3.6 amps for a square style one or 2.2-2.8 amps for a round style one. If they do not draw enough they will never open the gas valve or take a long long time to open them. The ignitors are pretty easy to change out, just 2 screws and two wires to either plug in or splice together. Here is a video to assist.

CLICK HERE

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I will see f that does the trick; however, as it is Christmas day, parts will be impossible to get. I will see tomorrow if I can comply with your suggestions.

You can also swap the ignitor from the broil section to the bake if you need it to work today.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!