Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Fridge not cooling properly. 5yrs g e adora top fridge

Customer Question
Fridge not cooling properly ...

Fridge not cooling properly

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

5yrs g e adora top fridge bottom freezer working fine

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe if not to complicated

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Fan in back replaced one time but all was not working then

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is likely a defrost issue you need to remove the rear panel in the freezer section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control. Now if you can not repair anything, just defrost the freezer completely and the unit will work again fine for at least 5 days, both sections until you can get a tech out. Let me know if you find something else.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!