Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Samsung rf4287 is not working. the food in freezer

Customer Question
My Samsung rf4287 is...

My Samsung rf4287 is not working. the food in freezer thawed...so far there are no ice cubes. but ice maker gives me water. {Since I do not use ice I had turned off ice maker some time ago.}I I pushed the panel to quick freeze{maybe I did not close freezer door totally and that is hopefully is why the food thrawed. So my question is how long will it take to quick freeze? And what temperature should the panel say for the freezer and fridge?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model isRF4287/Hawp serial no. 102243BD500525J SAmsung French door /bottom freezer with ice maker. I think It is a 2010 But not sure

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I am crippled so I will have to get a repairman or buy a new fridge I just am trying to figure out if maybe I messed up a setting or left door open.What temperature should the freezer and fridge be set on Now it is 2 and 38

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What info do you need? I have had freezer set for quick freezer for an hour now .How long does Quick freeze take?It is Xmas day so I do not think I can get a repairman today or buy a new fridge because places are closed.I am trying to figure out if it can be fixed or do I have to get a new fridge

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.