Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE model JVM3160DF3WW Serial RG235032A Man date Aug…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE model JVM3160DF3WW Serial RG235032A Man date Aug 2016 microwave. There is power to the plug in outlet but the microwave is not showing any power (no light when door is open, no clock, etc). Is thwere a reset btton somewhere to reset it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model number and manufacturing date is in my original question. did you not get it?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That all i know at this time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/25/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

There is a bus fuse on the noise filter board inside the unit. You need to remove the top grill and maybe the control console to get to it and check it...CLICK HERE PART you can see that fuse on the board. There is also a cavity thermostat on the top of the unit that may have burned out as well. Often you can get to that one behind the grill with two wires going to it and check it for continuity. You have to check those two things and see if either are burned out.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!