Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore 600 and it quit agitating while washing, I…

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore 600 and it quit agitating while washing, I have been able to get it restarted by forcing the lid back and down then after a few minutes mit stops again

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

At least 12 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has a load in it now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

D26M28622

Thank you. The model number will look like 110.12345678. The tag is at the back of the opening once the lid is raised. Oftentimes, you have to close the lid about halfway to see it.

110-28622701

Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The lid switch will need to be replaced, a very common failure. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!