Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do you unlock Electrolux washer # EFLS617SIWO. 6mons. No…

Customer Question
How do you unlock...

How do you unlock Electrolux washer # EFLS617SIWO

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6mons

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No hit lock selection accidentally

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/25/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Here are the recommendations from Electrolux to try. If this procedure still does not unlock the door, you will need to contact Electrolux or a qualified service provider for service and part replacement.

1. Interrupt a wash cycle

The Electrolux EWF door remains locked during active wash cycles to prevent injury and overflow. To pause the cycle and unlock the door, press the Start/Add Clothes button. This unlocks the door, so long as: it is not in a heating cycle, the water level is not too high, and the drum is not spinning. There may be a delay of up to three minutes before the door is unlocked. To re-start the machine once the door has been closed, press the button a second time.

2. Address larger issues

If the machine does not complete the washing cycle or does not drain properly, the door remains locked. The machine can drain manually. Turn the machine off, and unplug it. On the bottom right of the front of the machine, there is a removable access panel. Take off the panel, remove the drain pump cover, and allow the water to pour out. Multiple buckets are necessary to contain the water. A blockage of lint or other foreign items may come out, or may need to be removed from the drain outlet. Once drained, replace the drain pump cover and access panel. Plug in, and turn on the machine. The door should unlock.

3. Obtain assistance

If the door does not unlock after the machine has been drained, there is a defective part. Call Electrolux for a service technician recommendation.

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 24, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 days ago

Thank you,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor