Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I purchased a kitchen-aid dishwasher, mod #KDTE334GPSO, Ser…

Customer Question
I purchased a kitchen-aid...

I purchased a kitchen-aid dishwasher, mod #KDTE334GPSO, Ser #F74524943. After installation, I wanted to sanitize the washer. so I ran a cycle hoping to geta a "hot water" sanitizing. I didn't realize that the washer had to "sense" something to clean before it would go thru the complete cycle, and the washer was empty. After 20-30 minutes, the washer quit. Assuming it was hot and clean, I opened the door, and to my surprise, the washer was filled with water and the inside had not been heated. So the washer has standing water. How do I get the water out. It appears that no drainage took place at all. thanks for your help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I will appreciate any assistance you can give me. Merry Christmas to you!

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Same to you!

It is brand spanking new, installed this past Tuesday, only model # showing is KDTE334GPS, NMFC Code 11954

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am unsure. It appears that it just needs to drain the standing water.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that is all I can offer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Are you able to disconnect the drain line where it connects under the sink and place it in a bucket? Run a cancel drain and let me know if it drains out.