Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher is flashing on the "button" for "normal" wash,

Customer Question
My dishwasher is flashing...

My dishwasher is flashing on the "button" for "normal " wash, but it can't be selected and nothing will make the washer go on

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Whirlpool quiet partner III Don't know how to run a diagnostic

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes- my husband

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has run great with no previous problems - it just started this last night _ with everyone come for dinner and huge amounts of dishes to do - naturally lol!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You either have a bad touchpad or need to reset the unit, shut the power off to the unit at the circuit breaker for a full minute. Turn it back on and that still happens the touchpad will need to be changed out.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!