Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE microwave just went dead. The power source is fine. No…

Customer Question
My GE microwave just...

My GE microwave just went dead. The power source is fine. No lights. No "nuthin'" I don't see a model number or a circuit breaker on the unit. Thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years? 6? noodle number on it. (odd, eh?)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, if it's resetting a circuit breaker... yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I had run it for one minute --normally-- five minutes before. Then it was just dark.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

There is an internal fuse and or cavity thermostat that is likely burned out that you would need to check and replace. I would need a model number to get you more specific information on your unit though.

Where might I find the model number. Nothing is evident on the inside of the door or bottom.

Open the door it should be on the frame edge or inside the cavity.

nope
never mind. I'll open it up. ion it's obvious, I'll fix it, otherwise I'll buy myself a Christmas gift. Thanks

Hard to say then without a model I can not even look up parts for it, there are fuses in all of them though.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I appreciate your attempt to help. Weird that there is NO model number anywhere on the unit. Basically, to say the internal thermostat is broken is to say that there is no fix that isn't beyond the value of the unit. I am happy to pay you some amount, but $36 is too much for you to just tell me it's broken. Please reduce your fee. Thanks. Larry