Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE Profile Stove/oven. The touchpad shows locked.I…

Customer Question
We have a GE...

We have a GE Profile Stove/oven. The touchpad shows locked.I can not turn on the oven. What canI do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

At least 10 years old. I don't have the model #

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have tried to kill the breaker, didn't work! I feel like someone hit a button or something.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The unit may be on a child lock, just tuern the power off to the unit at the breaker or unplug it for a FULL MINUTE and it should clear the lock.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!