Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My dryer is not working

Customer Question
My dryer is not working
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the issue with the dryer and make and model please.

Samsung it turns on but won’t run
WA48J7700A

Okay great then one of two things has happened. Either the belt is broken on the unit or the thermal fuse that is mounted to the blower housing is burned out. You should remove the top to find out if the belt is broken on the drum. There are a couple screws on the back edge remove them and slide the top back and straight off then you will see the drum, look in the middle of the drum for the belt it should be there and attached tight. if that is attached type then you'll have to disassemble the unit to check the blower thermal fuse out. Either way you will have to take the unit apart to either put a belt on it or check that thermal fuse out. I've included a couple links to help you out to do this repair.
CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE 2

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

That was not our dryer

The model you listed is a washer.

Also the two same components are on the unit no matter what style Samsung you have if yours looks like this...CLICK HERE

DV48J7770EW/A2

Yes use that video link I sent you to check the belt out, if that is not broken pull the drum out and on the backside of the blower housing is the thermal limit on it that is likely burned out. It will be one of those two things causing the issue.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician