Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Wife said she heard a loud pop on our induction cooktop

Customer Question
Wife said she heard...

Wife said she heard a loud pop on our induction cooktop model php900sm2ss. The breaker was tripped but still won't function. Is their another fuse that might need replaced.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

First time it has happened. Cooktop is about 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. I have th breaker off and see where the power goes in the cooktop bug thought I better ask first.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No. Hard wired so I can leave the breaker off How long should I wait? Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that she has mentioned. Said just normal use and then the loud pop which sounds like a fuse or power supply. I work for xerox so somewhat familiar.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Probably need to just place a call to have service come out.
Answered in 2 days by:
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

No. Placed a service call to GE since I didn't hear anything.

I understand, thank you. Have a great rest of your day!