Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

While at only 300 degrees my Jennaire stove starting beeping…

Customer Question
While at only 300...

While at only 300 degrees my Jennaire stove starting beeping and flashing a message to call a technician and F1-1. What's going on with it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Jenn-Aire 30 inch downdraft range, about 12 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Whatever it takes to fix the problem so I can roast a turkey in it tomorrow.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F1-1 means that your oven thinks there is an issue with your oven sensor. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board or a bad connection. The fist thing I'd do is disconnect the sensor to test it and then reconnect it to hope it gives a better connection in case the sensor plug in has a bad connection. Other than that, you can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.