Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator is now t cooling. Is not cooling properly.

Customer Question
My refrigerator is now...

My refrigerator is now t cooling

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Is not cooling properly. I've turned down the setting with no result.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what is wrong

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fridge is only a year old - the freezer is working fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

Not yet

lets try that first and then we can go from there.

Ok I have it off and a timer set for 5 min

sounds good ill be waiting.

Ok - plugged unit back in
How long would it typically take to cool off? It was about 60 degrees in there.

well we should wait at least 30 minutes to see if its cooling at all. I will be around so no worries of losing me. Just bookmark this page and keep me posted.

Ok

thanks

Well, it’s been about a half hour - it is set on the recommended “4” and it is only down to 57 degrees.

ok but its going down so that's a good sign. It takes longer then a half hr. It can take up to 24 hrs to get to the correct degrees but its starting. Lets keep watching it and go from there.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Ok - thanks!

your very welcome.