Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE profile oven that when we turn on the pre heat…

Customer Question
We have a GE...

We have a GE profile oven that when we turn on the pre heat setting it automatically shuts off in about a 1-2 minutes way before even having a chance to got warm. Any ideas? Is there a reset?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Cannot find a model, can you tell me where the number would be please?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Approximately 10 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Otherwise works perfectly. We reset the breaker and the stove works perfect.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you turn the oven on and it shuts off on it's own after just a minute or two, this is a corruption issue in the logic of the board. Try flipping the breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. Other than that, if it still keeps acting up, the display board would just have to be replaced because the display board is failing. usually due to the heat over time from the oven causing the electronics to wear down.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Is that all you have to suggest, no I am not happy with that answer and I already told you that we tried the breaker. DO NOT CHARGE THE $27 to my card, I will refuse it with the bank.
NO!!!! That was not information that could help me.

ok. Please understand I can't control what fails on your appliance. If you need a new display board, you need a new display board. That's nothing you or I can control.

Sorry I asked for advice and you gave me none. No advice, no money. I am disabled and cannot afford to spend $ on something that does not help me. Good bye!

I gave you 100% correct advice. Have a nice day.