Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ignitor isn't clicking anymore, just used the stove earlier…

Customer Question
Ignitor isn't clicking anymore...

Ignitor isn't clicking anymore, just used the stove earlier today no problems

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

There are 3 possible reasons the ignitor isn't working;

No power to the switches or ignitor

Bad switch

Bad ignition module

The way to determine this is to turn each burner valve on 1 at a time and listen for the ignitor to click. If it clicks then the burner that doesn't click has a bad switch. If none of the burners click, then most likely the problem is a faulty ignition module. This is of course providing you have power to the stove.

Many of the newer stoves have sealed type burners and require a qualified service provider to make repairs to prevent damage to the gas lines and their related controls.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 23, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is almost 60 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 29 days ago

If you could please respond and let me know if you still need assistance or if I can proceed in closing out this question, I would sure appreciate it as it is several months old.

Thanks

Dave

John, Home Appliance Technician