Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Ignitor isn't clicking anymore, just used the stove earlier…

Customer Question
Ignitor isn't clicking anymore...

Ignitor isn't clicking anymore, just used the stove earlier today no problems

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2017
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

There are 3 possible reasons the ignitor isn't working;

No power to the switches or ignitor

Bad switch

Bad ignition module

The way to determine this is to turn each burner valve on 1 at a time and listen for the ignitor to click. If it clicks then the burner that doesn't click has a bad switch. If none of the burners click, then most likely the problem is a faulty ignition module. This is of course providing you have power to the stove.

Many of the newer stoves have sealed type burners and require a qualified service provider to make repairs to prevent damage to the gas lines and their related controls.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on December 23, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 23 days ago

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

John, Home Appliance Technician