Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an LG washing machine that is giving me UE errors on…

Customer Question
I have an LG...

I have an LG washing machine that is giving me UE errors on spin cycles

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I don't exactly know just picked it up used - Model WT1201CV looks to be within 3-4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I read and tried everyhing I can find on the internet on this unit to fix these outside using lower speeds on the spin cycle...

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

Really Travis?
You had better do better than that one...

what I am trying to have you do is a control board reset. This can only be done by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes. If the load is not unbalanced and you keep getting the error it could mean there is a problem with your control board or even possibly sensors. That is why I suggest the hard reset first.

Well I have laundry in right now that will take another 20 minutes as everything I try to do laundry I cannot use anyhting but LOW speed for spin. So in 20 I will pull the plug for 5+ minutes.

ok please do let me know what happens.

what do I do once I let it set unplugged for 5 minutes -

once you do that this is considered a control board reset. So if you have another load we can go ahead and try it to see if the UE comes back on normal speed.

I have had the error in the garage for 2 days just moved it into the house so it's been unplugged for 2 days and it still comes up with the error.

oh ok well then unplugging it is not going to make a difference then. Give me a few minutes to pull up your parts list.

lets first start with testing the hall sensor there are also helpful videos

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rotor-Position-Sensor/6501KW2002A/1268238?modelNumber=WT1201CV​

This references an LE error, why this part.

well because its part of the balancing of the unit. Yes typically you get an LE error and this ends up being the part but with the fact you keep getting UE this could be the part as well

The unit shakes is whatbis causing the UE error, what about that...

well that can indicate a bad stator or rotor. More then likely the stator. I didn't realize it was shaking I thought it was just giving you the error over and over.

Explain why the stater would cause this issue?

th​e stator is drive motor and it makes the unit spin evenly. This part can be tested though with a multimeter. Have you taken the unit apart at all and checked bearings or anything yet? We need to get in there and inspect whats going on.

The washer motor has an approximate resistance value of 8 Ω between any two of the three wires:
• Blue to red - 8 Ω
• Red to yellow - 8 Ω
• Blue to yellow - 8 Ω

I can check those setting and get back to you tomorrow. I have a fluke multimeter to do the testing.

ok keep me posted