Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Frigidairestove running on LP gas everything has…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a Frigidaire(###) ###-####stove running on LP gas everything has been working fine till no the oven will not light. The heating element glows red but no gas is released the broiler works fine. Any suggestions

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sorry the model number is ***** and its about eight years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I have the oven burner exposed right now

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, everything has been fine till now my wife went to start the oven to start cooking for Christmas and it wouldnt light so I started to trouble shoot it and all I can determine is no gas appears to be released if though the heating element is glowing red

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

When that happens you need to replace the oven ignitor on the unit. Turn the oven on and then open the door. If the glow ignitor is getting voltage it will glow unless it is broken. Now even though it is glowing bright it is not enough to pull enough current to open the gas valve. They typically have to draw 3.2-3.6 amps for a square style one or 2.2-2.8 amps for a round style one. If they do not draw enough they will never open the gas valve or take a long long time to open them. The ignitors are pretty easy to change out, just 2 screws and two wires to either plug in or splice together. Here is a video to assist. If you are desperate to make it light you can gently (GENTLY) tap on the side of the gas valve when it has been glowing for awhile and often that will make it open just a temporary fix..then get a new ignitor.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

would you know the part number for the ignitor and would you know if the broiler one is the same one so i can switch them for now till tuesday?

Sure

BAKE IGNITOR CLICK HERE

Broil Ignitor CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician