Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I forgot a pan of cookies in the oven and turned it on to…

Customer Question
I forgot a pan...

I forgot a pan of cookies in the oven and turned it on to self clean. It began to smoke bad and I turned the self clean off but had to wait for it to cool down before could open the door. When door opened the entire inside and door are covered with a shiny smoky hard mixture. How do I clean this off? Or do I reset the self clean cycle? I'm afraid it will really smoke bad again if I do

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

How will that clean the oven

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just need to k now how best to clean this mess out of the oven.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Run it through a self clean and that will all be gone. Wipe any big stuff off, it may smoke a little but that will all clear and come off.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!