Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 3-year old GE GFE29HSDASS refrigerator. The freezer…

Customer Question
I have a 3-year...

I have a 3-year old GE GFE29HSDASS refrigerator. The freezer is cold, set on 0 and indicating 0. The refrigerator is set on 34 and steady at 53 for the past 2 hours since I turned the appliance off, unplugged it, and plugged it back in to see if it needed a reset. Both the condenser fan and the evaporator fan seem to be working. The condenser coils were not too dirty though I cleaned them up a bit. The compressor housing is warm and sounds like it is running.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GFE29HSDASS 3 years, as I said in my initial post.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Please read the initial message.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

When that happens you need to remove the items in the refrigerator section. There is an evaporator behind the crisper drawers that liekly is not defrosting and will be all frosted over. Get to that and remove the cover and see if that is the case. If it is you need to defrost it and that should work again fine. If it were to come back you would have an issue with the defrost system on the unit and would have to check the circuit. Remove COVER #799 to get at the evaporator and fan to check it all out....CLICK HERE

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!