Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore elite H3+ washer banging during spin dry, periodic…

Customer Question
Kenmore elite H3+ washer...

Kenmore elite H3+ washer banging during spin dry, periodic leaking of water and small, grey plastic bits in the wash.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Around 9 years old (bought 4 years ago secondhand) model # 110. 45801 403

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Plastic ring around spin basket is shredded and seems the bearing are loose

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the unit started banging during spin check the inner tub for play, if you grab the bottom edge of the inner tub and can lift it up and down at all that is a bad main bearing or cracked support. Then the tub drops and will rub on the tub boot or lower edge of the outer drum and you may see some pieced of gray bits i the wash. If that is the case the cost of the parts and labor totally exceed the value of the unit so there really is no fixing this issue and I would look for a new one...sorry for the bad news on this.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!