Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My front load dryer will not start. Samsung 565990. It is…

Customer Question
My front load dryer...

My front load dryer will not start

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Samsung 565990

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes it is only a wk old the lites are on it just won't start

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is no 1:00 in time and it will not let me chug type of load

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in and try it can you change anything on the unit?

No

OK if you can not change any settings on the console the unit has a bad interface board and that will need to be replaced. They have had a lot of issues with them recently and there are hundreds of them like yours that are bad. You will want to call out warrantyt since the part is not cheap. I am really sorry for the bad news on this, but the news is the news. I hope you have a good Christmas regardless of the issue. If you need anything else let me know.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician