Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire microwave and the door hinges can loss,

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire microwave and the door hinges can loss, looks like a pin holds it in but can't find on parts page.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model #PLMVZ169GCC

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just need to know how to get the part

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 3 days by:
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

I am

Thank you. The "pins" that the door sits down on are part of the actual cabinet and are not replaceable. That is why they are not shown on any breakdowns. Are the pins broken or what exactly is the issue with them?

The pins hold the door to the cabinet and they fell out and are missing. Have to lift door up to close. If I put a screw in to hold I don’t think could close the fort because the screw head

Yes, you don't want to "engineer" something because it is dangerous if the door does not seal correctly. I would strongly suggest replacing the microwave.