Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The front loading washer suddenly showed the F21 error

Customer Question
The front loading washer...

The front loading washer suddenly showed the F21 error during a washing cycling. I do not find any blockage in the drainage tubing. Could you please tell me how to open the door or cancel the cycling to take out cloth?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The model is DUET 2008 (4619 702 40841/W10158202A)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If the technician can come today we will request the technical service because I am leaving home tomorrow. The cloth has to be taken out asap.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to open the door under the current situation. I press the door open button 3 seconds and heared a sound but the door still closed!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F21 means that your washer is not draining--it sounds like your already have an idea that this is your issue. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

To open the door, once you have the lower front panel off, reach up behind the front panel to the bottom of the door latch. There is a 1" round plastic tab that you can pull down on at the bottom of the latch to manually unlock the door.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?