Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have whirlpool wall oven. We knocked lower door off I see…

Customer Question
I have whirlpool wall...

I have whirlpool wall oven. We knocked lower door off I see how it goes on but I can’t make it hook in there far enouch

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model RBD245PRB03

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Picture/ video might help. I can’t seem to get it in at. Correct angle to seat it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Once the door is off have you pulled out the small hinge arm and locked it in place before you tried to put the door back on ?

The hinge seems locked in place. I think the notch on bottom of hinge is suppose to rest on the bottom of the opening for the hinge in the oven. But I cannot get the hinge in far enough to get that notch to rest

with the door laying flat on the floor take a pair of vise grips and grab the Hook portion of the hinge that is sticking out and pull it down as if your pulling it below the door when the door is setting up right and on the door hinge after it is pulled down (loaded ) you have a locking tab that needs to swing down to lock the hinge in this loaded position then do the other side the same way ,and then and only then can you get the door back on the oven.

this video MAY help you he has opened the door ( Loading the door )around the 1;17 mark and is locking the door hinge in place at the 1;20 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy2s5EG5GiM&t=69s

Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.