Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our kitchenaid self cleaning oven door locked shut after…

Customer Question
Our kitchenaid self cleaning...

Our kitchenaid self cleaning oven door locked shut after finishing its cycle. Turned off all power for several minutes and still no luck. Control panel is also off

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 5 years old. Dont know the model. I has several cooking options: normal oven, convection, plus an overhead burner in the oven.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have been with help from a local appliance store.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I had a fuse mounted on the back of the oven checked and it is ok

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model / serial tag is located on the inner face frame of the oven,but if the door is lock you will not be able to see it !

Do you have it written down in the unit use and care booklet by chance?

And have you powered the unit back on at this time?

i dont have the model number anywhere cant locate the manual that came with it. i have powered it down. It is back on. the control panel is also still not on

And the fuse on the rear exterior of the oven will only kill the voltage to the heating elements it does not kill voltage to the oven control / clock.

But on the control board itself there is a thermal fuse that if it opens it will kill the voltage to the control board

I took the top off the stove and still cant see anything as there is a panel there. there is an observation slot that i can see down into the front of the stove. cant do any work thru it though

As a 37 years service tech this very reason is why you should Never clean the oven right before a major holiday ,

I recommend to all of my customers to clean the oven at least a month before the holidays so if this happens you will have time to repair it before the holiday.

If this thermal fuse on the electronic control board mounted behind the touch pad has gone bad , then you will need to order one to get the oven up and running!

I`m showing the web site is saying ,,Customer has requested a Phone Call, but payment failed

Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation.

i have already provided my card info

normally when this happens it is an issue with your credit card company blocking the second (phone call ) charge thinking the card is stolen ,You will need to contact your credit card company to authorize both charges .

ok thanks anyway i will pursue another way

But not to be a bearer of bad news , you only have about a 40% chance that your going to be able to repair this oven before Christmas

Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied."?

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Master Tech
Master Tech