Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE front load washer that is about 8 years old. It…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE front load washer that is about 8 years old. It just shut off and won't power back on. I tried to unplug it for a bit and reset all the breakers. It will not turn back on. The door is locked with all my good towels in it too.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 3 days by:
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

please.

Thank you! Is it totally dead, no lights at all? Can you plug something known to work in to its outlet to verify the outlet is working?

If you need to get the clothing out right away, there is an emergency release on the door lock. It will require the top of the machine to be removed to access.

It’s totally dead. No lights or anything. I can’t figure out how to remove the top of the machine to access the emergency lock. The outlet works.

It depends on the model but there is a plastic cover right behind the control panel that comes off to expose screws that secure the top in place.