Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kitchenmaid side by side refrigerator that keeps…

Customer Question
I have a kitchenmaid...

I have a kitchenmaid side by side refrigerator that keeps popping an internal breaker no matter which outlet I choose to use with an extension cord. Compressor runs for 3-5 seconds then pop!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I don't have that info handy unfortunately, Id guess its 5 years old tops

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes i have the kitchen tore up putting new counters in so the wall sockets are hanging out until we put new back splashes in, I don't believe in coincidence, I believe it's all related somehow...

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If you unplug the relay on the compressor does it pop?

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!