Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to identify the model for an old jenn air electric…

Customer Question
Trying to identify the...

Trying to identify the model for an old jenn air electric cooktop, downdraft

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's mid to late 80s model number is ***** identifiable I've looked on the downdraft vent

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying to get model specifications so I can figure out how to replace it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can probably keep it going until we remodel the kitchen if I can get the electric coil burners to work again my mom's house she's down to 1 of 4 burners grill side still works

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Does the cooktop have an oven?

Nope - ~36 inch cooktop only, paired with Jennair microwave and oven combo in an adjacent cabinet. All electric, downdraft vent in the front middle of the unit, it's got the range controls on the front and inset in line with the counter edge rather than on top. I'm there tomorrow and will be able to get a picture.

pictures would be a great help. I will do my very best to try and help identify what your mother has.

turns out it's not Jenn Air, which would explain why many things I was looking for weren't where I expected. This is a General Electic branded unit. Is that still something you can help with?

I ​certainly can. Were you able to find a model number or anything?

John, Home Appliance Technician