Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Mywaher started making a loud banging sound in the spin

Customer Question
Mywaher started making a...

Mywaher started making a loud banging sound in the spin cycle then turned off I tried turning it on and now it wont startand can unlock door to open

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Wjw9050xw1..yes onc but that time id start again

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if not to difficult to fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's the only issue

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

First you need to remove the top on the unit, there are 3 screws along the top back edge and the top will slide back and lift off. Then reach down to the door latch and pull the tab on the bottom of the door interlock down to open the door. Then with the door open check the inner tub for play, if you grab the bottom edge of the inner tub and can lift it up and down at all that is a bad main bearing or cracked support. Then the tub drops and will rub on the tub boot or lower edge of the outer drum and cause the smoking. If that is the case the cost of the parts and labor totally exceed the value of the unit so there really is no fixing this issue and I would look for a new one...sorry for the bad news. Let me know if you find something different.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician