Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Vacationing from Michigan to my daughter's home in

Customer Question
Second opinion] Vacationing from...

Second opinion] Vacationing from Michigan to my daughter's home in Conroe,Texas, where her Whirlpool washer's drum is full of clothes and water but motor doesn't start. Rolled up my sleeves and easily confirmed no clothes jammed beneath the agitator. The power cord initially gets warm so something is drawing line current for a time. Model # WTW55505Q0 Serial # CU3040572

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Apartment maintenance technician son-in-law claimed it as a freebie about sixteen months ago but it just started failing yesterday. Not sure whether they are zeros or ones but the model # printed on the rear tag is WTW55505Q0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That's possible as I'm a retired electronics technician whose specialty was repairing HP laser printers.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

During my initial troubleshooting attempts consisting of exercising all of the front panel controls the washer would momentarily try to add water but only for a fraction of a second since the drum is already full.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 3 days by:
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

No, thank you! A resolution has been reached.

I understand, thank you. Have a peaceful evening....