Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Fridge is working. cold air blowing in Frezzer but no cold…

Customer Question
Fridge is working. cold...

Fridge is working. cold air blowing in Frezzer but no cold air blowing into the refridgrater side

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Maytag model 3 MSD2556AEw

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is 16 years old, never a problem and working fine this morning no issues

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there something I can do I have a fridge full of food for the holidays and is there something I can do

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?