Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

KN-COEG-3 carbon monoxide alarm has been unplugged but it is…

Customer Question
KN-COEG-3 carbon monoxide alarm...

KN-COEG-3 carbon monoxide alarm has been unplugged but it is now making a constant alarm sound. How do I stop the sound?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am looking after my neighbours house while they are away and it is their alarm. I know nothing about this unit.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

It is a plug in the wall unit

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 3 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

the unit is not plugged in

oh so its beeping and not plugged in? Does it have battery back up? Are you using any appliances? This could be a CO warning.

It is my neighbours unit. I am looking after their house when they are away. They will be home in a day.
I thought you could help but ......
I do not want to pay any charges; I am only trying to help my neighbours in their absence.

I ​totally understand that this is frustrating for you. I just worry the reason its beeping is something is wrong.

can you try changing the batteries?

don't know where the batteries are located

oh if you have no intention on paying for my advice then I can not continue. This is not a free site and you agreed to the fee when posting the question. So I can have this cancelled so I do not waste my time if that is what you wish.

I found the battery and have removed it. The awful noise is now stopped.Yes, please do cancel this inquiry immediately.I personally do not need or want your advice.I will leave the repair to the owners of the device. Chances are they'll already know what to do.Thank you and Good bye

we​ll I am glad to hear my advice was helpful. However not so glad it was for free. Will have this transaction cancelled.

John, Home Appliance Technician