Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our washer stopped in mid-cycle. displaying E -24 on its…

Customer Question
Our washer stopped in...

Our washer stopped in mid-cycle. displaying E -24 on its screen. There is undrained water in the bottom. All attempts to re-start also end at E-24. How do I proceed?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Bosch dBA 6 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There may have been a brief power outage while the cycle was running - this is not confirmed.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

E24 is a draining error code hence the water being left in the bottom.

For this its either a blocked pump or a faulty pump.

You need to empty the dishwasher and remove the filters in the bottom.

From there you will see the sump.

Theres a plastic cover in there which you need to remove. If you have the manual for this look in there and theres a picture in there that shows how to do this.

Once the cover is off you can then check the pump for debris but watch out as it can be glass in there jamming it up.

Once its clear refit the pump cover and retry the dishwasher and fingers crossed this cures the fault from there.

But if that doesnt work then its possibley the pump itself thats faulty. Now you will need to replace this from under the dishwasher. But as its only 6 months old it will still be under warrenty with Bosch so give them a bell and they will repair it free of charge for you.

But check the sump and pump impeller first if you can as the pump can block up in there and cause the E24 error code.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks