Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a U60 (or /v) cOOLING fan message on my Dacor oven…

Customer Question
I have a U60...

I have a U60 (or /v) cOOLING fan message on my Dacor oven and it will not work Is there something I can do to clear message?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a MOH227S I moved in about

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

3 years and I do not think it was very old when I moved in

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is it something simple or do I need a repair man

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So two things. First you'll need to reset the error code before you can use the oven again. To do this you need to entire Diagnostic mode.

To Enter Diagnostic Mode: With the main power supply to the oven turned on, press and hold the CANCEL/SECURE and # keys at the same time. When the diagnostic password ***** appears, release the CANCEL/SECURE key first then the # key.

Press the 7 key on the keypad repeatedly until the letter S appears just below the words SERVICE ID NUMBER. Wait 3 seconds. Enter your Dacor Servicer Number. Press ENTER. I think the code is S1234.

Then click error codes on the right option and reset the error.

Now as for the U60 error, if the error comes back then you have a problem. This would only be fixed by replacing the cooling fan motor because it isn't spinning up to speed and that requires uninstalling the entire unit to access the fan through the back for replacement.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc