Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag was her flashing F5 and dinging. Any idea what may be…

Customer Question
Maytag was her flashing...

Maytag was her flashing F5 and dinging. Any idea what may be happening?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About a year old. Model # MVW8835DW0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have no idea what the issue is so I can’t say. Depends on what ERROR message is about. Nothing in the manual gives even a hint.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just need to know if you know anything about what the Error F5 means

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can you look at the model number once again please ,I do not find a number of MVW8835DW0

MVWB835DW0

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

this model only has four digit error codes it will need to be a F5 -E1 , F5-E2 ,F5-E3 or an F5-E4 code do you know the rest of the F5 code?

Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, My name is***** is correct that the codes have 4 digits. All the F5 codes are related to the lid lock and lid switch. If you are willing to replace the lid lock it may take care of your problem. If you want to call a repairman you should make sure they bring a W10648012 lid/lock. Merry Christmas!